What is it?
Coach’s Eye + InstantReplay is a brand new video solution. It provides coaches the ability to send and receive video between iOS devices (iPhone/iPad) over a closed WiFi connection. This allows coaches to immediately review film seconds after the play and make adjustments on the fly.
How it works
InstantReplay works with any iOS device running iOS 8.2 or later. By connecting your iPhones and iPads to the same wireless router you can send video between devices, using the InstantReplay application.
Here is an example:
1. In the first image you see a member of the coaching staff recording from the top of the press box at a football field. His device is called a “broadcaster”. He is sending video to “receivers” in other parts of the stadium using a closed wifi network. This is an ios (iPad and iPhone) device to device transfer of video. He records the play, tagging the down, distance, rpk, and ytg. This data and video is sent to the receivers. Continue reading
2. In the second image you see another member of the coaching staff inside the press box receiving the play right after the broadcaster on top of the press box stopped recording. He is now reviewing critical information from his “Eye In The Sky”, so that he can make an adjustment for the next play. He can also use the data sent from the broadcaster to filter and make adjustments the next time this down, yard, or play comes up.
3. In the third image you see another “receiver” hooked up to a television. With Coach’s Eye + InstantReplay you can have multiple broadcasters and receivers spread throughout the stadium over the same closed wifi network. With a simple HDMI cord and digital av adapter you can hook your iOS device up to any HDTV.
With InstantReplay you can connect as many broadcasters and receivers to each other as you would like. There is no limit on broadcasters or receivers. Keep in mind that the more devices you add to a single router the slower the transfer speeds will be. Check out the full feature set below.
• Devices discover and connect with each other over WiFi
• Devices can be configured as either Broadcasters or Receivers
• Set and forget. Devices remember previous configuration and automatically connect when on the same WiFi network
• Setup one or more Broadcasters to record from as many camera angles as desired
• Configure one or more video Receivers to be recipients of videos from connected Broadcasters
• Broadcasters can tag videos while recording. Specific football tagging to start, more sports coming soon
• Broadcasters can select resolution and FPS of videos to be recorded and sent to Recievers
• Broadcasters can turn off tagging interface for non-football sports / scenarios
• Never run out of space with the option to auto-delete after sending videos when in Broadcaster mode
• Select desired resolution and frame rate in camera
• Start / stop camera using in-app camera interface, bluetooth remote, or Apple Watch
• Videos and associated tags are immediately sent to Receivers when recording is stopped
• Watch videos on sidelines with the slow motion scrubbing and zoom and pan capabilities
• Intelligent auto-advance feature auto-plays videos immediately as they come in to the Receiver when the current video ends playback
• Video library auto-scrolls to new videos as they come in to the Receiver
• Powerful filtering allows you to discover opponent tendencies
• Recordings are automatically labelled by play number
• Auto group videos by session time
• Auto group multiple camera angle videos within Session by recording timestamp. Grouped recordings will all have the same play number
• Tag videos on Receivers when playing them back (ODS, RPK, Down, YTG, Yardline)
• Editable Sessions allow you to move videos between Sessions
• Name / rename Sessions
We’ve rigorously tested compatible WiFi routers that perform well with InstantReplay. You can find a full post about recommended hardware here.
We have also built out a complete kit available for purchase that comes with the following equipment:
- Coach’s Eye + INSTANTREPLAY software
- Pelican protective storage case
- High-performance Asus wireless router
- Bluetooth camera remote (to stop and start recording)
- Mini flexible gorilla mount tripod
- Lightning digital AV adapter (for television connection)
- HDMI cable (for television connection)
- Rugged extension cord
- Surge protected power strip
In three steps you can setup InstantReplay for your program
2. Sign In (Free early access until September 30th. $500/yr after)
3. Set up wifi
We’ve built out a robust set of tutorials on how to get your program up and running with InstantReplay right. Click here to view tutorials.